February 18, 2015

The Battle of the Pencil Sharpeners! (My Review)

Who doesn't love a good pencil sharpener?!
 
Before this year, I had been using the cheap pencil sharpeners that only last 1/2 a year at most. I was soo tired of them breaking mid-way through the year that I decided to invest in some better ones.
 
I had seen, all over social media, buzz about this pencil sharpener from Classroom Friendly Supplies. When I first heard about it, I thought.. "Manual? Why would I want a manual pencil sharpener? Electric are soo much nicer."
 
Boy was I wrong!!
 
I sharpened that first pencil and my eyes lit up. It did a fabulous job! It was probably the sharpest pencil I've seen in a long time. I couldn't believe it so I sharpened another pencil, and another. I could even sharpen those cheap pencils, you know those ones that the stuff peels off the outside if not done correctly.
 
I was sold!
 
I was so excited about these pencil sharpeners that I convinced a few of the other teachers I work with to invest in one. Like me, they were all skeptical, but after seeing it in action, they were amazed!
 
Check out this video from Classroom Friendly Supplies to see how it works!
 
As of right now I am using it with the basic clasp it comes with. Every so often it will come loose (especially if my students use it). I am in the process of ordering the permanent mount.
 
http://www.classroomfriendlysupplies.com/
 
 
 
 
So on top of the manual pencil sharpener from Classroom Friendly Supplies, I also wanted to see if I could find an electric one I enjoyed just as much. I also needed a pencil sharpener that would work for those big pencils. Although they didn't have it at the time, Classroom Friendly Supplies now has a pencil sharpener made for those bigger pencils!
 
I decided to try out this one I found at Staples. Its the X-ACTO School Pro1670 Pencil Sharpener. For an electric sharpener this one is pretty great!
 
SO far so good.
 
http://www.staples.com/X-ACTO-School-Pro-1670-Electric-Pencil-Sharpener/product_436632
 
So you may ask, "which one do you like better?"
 
To be honest, I can't choose. I like them both for different reasons and I use them both on a daily basis. I like the convenience of the electric sharpener, however, the manual one works wonders. You be the judge. :)
 
 
 
Until next time...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment